Wednesday 20th of June 2018
We are looking for confident, customer focussed and self-motivating Desktop Support Engineers for permanent positions in Aberdeen. These positions require candidates who will be willing to work at various client sites across the Aberdeen area. Candidates must have experience of Desktop environments and support with a strong background in Microsoft technologies. In addition, a proactive, positive and can-do attitude, exceptional communication and customer service skills, along with the confidence to deal with all levels of stakeholders is essential.
Candidates will need to demonstrate an aptitude and technical skills set within Microsoft environments, have hands on experience resolving common problems in IT systems including but not limited to:
· Provision of desktop support in an enterprise environment
· Building, configuring, upgrading and imaging desktops and laptops
· Supporting remote users
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (2010 - 2016) and Office 365
· Working with call logging tools and track and maintain call status
· Troubleshooting and maintenance of desktops, laptops and printers
· Operating Systems; Microsoft Windows 7 - Windows 10 would be advantageous
· Installing and configuring software
· Administration of Microsoft Active Directory accounts and groups
· Good knowledge of relevant IT industry standards and trends
· IT equipment moves and setup
· Asset and licence tracking
· Solid understanding of networking concepts and services such as DNS and DHCP in a TCP/IP environment
It would be beneficial for candidates to possess ITIL® Foundation and/or have experience of working within an environment which has adopted ITIL® methodology, in particular incident and problem management. Whilst not essential, possessing CompTIA A+; Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Technology Specialist (MCTS) or Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or any other relevant technical certifications would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV/Resume to email@example.com making sure to reference Senior Desktop Support Engineer - Aberdeen
We have a wealth of skill & experience across the prosource.it Team. Take a moment to read through some of the staff profiles, we cover all kinds of skill sets, backgrounds and personal interests.
Where do you want to get to? You bring your career aspirations to us, apply your best work to it and we provide you with the opportunities to shine.
At prosource.it we're a personable bunch! Why not take a moment to get in touch and demonstrate your talent to us?
Rachael is responsible for all aspects of HR ranging from recruitment, selection, compensation & benefits, employee relations and more.Contact