Applications Engineer - 2037
- Posted on
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic Applications Support Engineer to join our team onsite in Aberdeen. As Applications Support Engineer you will be responsible for delivering support and maintenance services for the product portfolio for both operations and projects and will ensure that applications are maintained in line with business requirements. You will have experience of Cloud Application services, M365, Azure and SQL and experience of database technologies such as OSISoft PI, SQL Server and Oracle. As part of this role there may be the requirement to provide out of hours support on an occasional basis for scheduled maintenance, project activities and via an on-call support rota. If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for technology and a track record of success in application support we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Provide 1st and 2nd line application support and maintenance services
- Installation, configuration, administration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of the application portfolio
- Engage with 3rd party vendors as part of support and maintenance activities
- Provide support for Onshore and offshore business applications
- Provide related hardware accessory support and asset management
- Ensure timely and accurate testing of solutions, patches and other maintenance activities prior to deployment
- Engage with other IT functions to ensure successful deployment of solutions into production
- Maintain system documentation, ensuring knowledge base articles and guides are up to date
- Ensure events and demand are dealt with within agreed SLAs
- Deploy and manage solutions to meet defined business specific needs as defined through product maps/lifecycles
What to bring
- Experience of Cloud Application services, M365, Azure, SQL, AD
- Experience of database technologies such as SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience of supporting OSISoft PI
- Experience of application installation and configuration
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of managing support and testing of applications
- Experience in supporting enterprise applications within the energy and utilises sector preferred but not essential
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet agreed deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple issues and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to liaise with various areas of the business
- ITIL qualification or experience
What You’ll Get in Return
We are committed to recognising and rewarding hard work and offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes (but is not limited to) the following;
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection Plan
- Group Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Prosocial Events
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
We also believe effective training and development benefits both the individual and the organisation as a whole and contributes to the achievement of the company’s mission. We encourage all our employees to further their skills and experience via various methods of learning. If an employee elects to self-study in their own time, the company will fund the self-study materials and exam fees. Furthermore, once the exam is passed, the employee will be entitled to an incentive bonus.
If you are enthusiastic, willing to always learn and looking for a challenging but rewarding position where you work for a forward-thinking organisation who offer excellent opportunities, please apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com.
We welcome applications from disabled candidates, so if you have any access needs or may need adjustments in the assessment process - just let us know.
The salary banding for this role is £40,000 - £55,000
We can only consider candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
Latest OpportunitiesAll Opportunities
Get in Touch
Talk to us today to explore how we can support your organisation's technology needs.