Business Analyst - 2071
- Posted on
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled IT Business Analyst to join our team in Aberdeen. As IT Business Analyst you’ll work alongside all levels of internal and external stakeholders to act as a conduit between IT and the Business, understanding business needs and processes, building relationships and establishing rapport via collaboration and communication. You’ll also play an instrumental role in the IT - Business relationship and will be actively involved in facilitating the IT- Business alignment goals. If you are a team player, possess excellent communication skills and have undertaken previous Business Analysis roles we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Through effective communication with stakeholders and technical teams, elicit, analyse and articulate business requirements by studying business needs, goals and problems. Identify and facilitate business improvement opportunities and value adding through IT services and technologies
- Prepare Business Cases for IT products and services, capture functional and non-functional specifications, create business analysis artefacts, user testing plans and training plans
- Conduct business analysis activities: understand enterprise goals, objectives, strategy and governance; research operational practices and procedure how the information technology is used within the organisation
- Support project teams throughout all stages of the IT service implementation, from defining requirements to design, development and deployment. Facilitate stakeholder collaboration and organisational changes
- Estimate costs and time requirements of projects
- Evaluate risk, predict potential problems and facilitate solutions
- Facilitate meetings, workshops and training sessions
- Contribute to the effective implementation of the IT services into the organisation; familiarise the business with the benefits of new technologies, strategies or processes
What to bring
- Understanding of applications, technology solutions and services
- Confidence, pragmatism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills with ability to communicate and liaise at all levels of the organisation
- Extensive business relationship experience across multiple business functions within oil & gas organisations
- Ability to clearly articulate on behalf of the business the scope, objectives and drivers for information technology solutions and enhancements
- Ability to identify, express and facilitate business value creation through IT services
- Experience in the delivery of end-to-end software solutions, enterprise systems, enhancements to existing applications, business intelligence reporting and information visualisation dashboards
- Experience in coordinating small projects
- Very good understanding of the IT service management processes, functions and best practice as well as experience across the IT service lifecycle
- Proven experience in applying analytical techniques such as: enterprise analysis, process analysis, concept modelling, requirements gathering, prototyping, benefit analysis, stakeholder analysis, interviews, workshop facilitation, etc.
- Well versed in using requirements analysis frameworks and methodologies throughout the product development lifecycle: business analysis approach; requirements architecture; requirements modelling, requirements classification, requirements traceability, etc.
- Ability to create and tailor analytical approaches, methods and communications to suit the specific of the job and audiences
- Expertise in multiple types of communication: operational reports, strategic reports, technical writing, user-guide creation, stakeholder reporting
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of change management (both organisational management of change and IT service transition / change management)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Self-supporting and proactive
- Time management and organisational skills
- Professional Qualifications and/or practical experience: Business Analysis (IIBA) IT service management (ITIL, COBIT), project management (PRINCE2, APM, Agile)
What You’ll Get in Return:
We are committed to recognising and rewarding hard work and offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes (but is not limited to) the following;
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection Plan
- Group Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Prosocial Events
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
We also believe effective training and development benefits both the individual and the organisation as a whole and contributes to the achievement of the company’s mission. We encourage all our employees to further their skills and experience via various methods of learning. If an employee elects to self-study in their own time, the company will fund the self-study materials and exam fees. Furthermore, once the exam is passed, the employee will be entitled to an incentive bonus.
If you are enthusiastic, willing to always learn and looking for a challenging but rewarding position where you work for a forward-thinking organisation who offer excellent opportunities, please send you CV to email@example.com.
We welcome applications from disabled candidates, so if you have any access needs or may need adjustments in the assessment process - just let us know.
We can only consider candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
Latest OpportunitiesAll Opportunities
Get in Touch
Talk to us today to explore how we can support your organisation's technology needs.